Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ice Skating Finals in Omaha

Ice Skating...

I got a very random (and last-minute) chance to go to the Ice Skating Finals at the Century Link Center (or the Clink, as some refer to it) on Saturday. In light of my last post about spontaneity, I fought back the urge to "just stay home" and decided to accept the tickets which were given to me by a coworker who could not go. I chose to take Moira on a Mommy-Daughter date (something we haven't done in a really long time)!

It was so much fun! After dropping my tickets once we got in (and having to go find them again so we could find our seats), we settled in our seats and watched some really good skating! We got to see the women's portion. Would have been really neat to see the couples skate but I think that was earlier in the day.

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures from Mo and my date.


Moira checking out the ice. 


I asked her to make an 'amazed' face.


Mom-Mo pose :) 

She got to walk down for a minute to see the ice. (oh yeah. and the skater.)


Skater Moira! She was probably more excited about this little thing than anything else. She says, "MOM! A thing where you can put your head in!!!" (We were on our way out here.)

Such a fun time and so glad we went!

1 comment:

Paula said...

That looks awesomely fun! I took Emily and Anna to the gymnastics world championships once and I still remember Anna turning to me and telling me "I am going to remember this for the rest of my life!" She was just a little older than Moira. A fun memory for me... as I'm sure this will be for you!